Sorts of hosting services
A hosting service is associated with depositing and/or sharing given web content on a hosting server managed by a web hosting provider. There are different varieties of hosting services utilized for different purposes, so let's take a look at these. Doing so, you can conclude what you need, on the basis of whether you wish to establish a web page, email address accounts, or to share files with buddies and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a service made available by given vendors, which enables you to share bulky files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its only designation is to share files, since it does not offer site uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either obtain a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to examine a roll of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to view .html or .php website files in your web browser. Free-of-charge file storage accounts are often supported by showing adverts by the download links, while a timer makes you wait for a certain spell of time to view them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you run a paid file hosting plan, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download instantly, and also there is no limitation as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
At the moment, with the help of the cPanel hosting merchants, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more fashionable "cloud hosting". This is a totally inapt interpretation of the real definition of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting system would allocate the workload between individual bunches of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to attending different site hosting services (electronic mail, data storage, stats, DNS, databases, website hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is only a brand of a disk space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: resembling file hosting; specific companies provide a hosting service for pictures only. This hosting variant is appropriate if you would like to share a huge number of images with friends or associates since the service is commonly free of cost. You will get a randomly generated link for each picture or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be utilized for web sites.
- Email hosting: a solution dedicated to managing your e-mail box accounts. Some providers provide web page hosting solutions for web pages, but do not provide an email hosting solution. If you want to open an email address with your domain name but do not desire to possess a website, then the email hosting solution is what you need. You can open e-mail accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The email hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this solution allows you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a specific video, or you can embed the video file in your site that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of utilizing this approach instead of uploading the video in a web hosting account is that the video clip produces a given amount of central processing unit load, so with a few video clips and several hundred web site viewers, you may have a hard time with your site hosting reserves. Embedding the video file will permit you to use as many video clips as you would like without hassling about system resources.
- Web site hosting: this is the solution that you need if you want to own a site. To a certain degree, it consists of all of the aforesaid hosting forms since, along with your sites, you can also host pics and files, you can run databases and mail accounts, upload video files, and so on. At SAHAKA Hosting, for example, you can observe web hosting and dedicated server hosting plans that permit you to get all of the aforesaid solutions in one single location. There may be restrictions depending on the kind of hosting solution that you've chosen - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your web page hosting package may be better or worse compared to the customary email/file/video/image hosting accounts that are purposed for specific web content only.