Crash on Creative mode page 3

Discussion in 'The 1.7.10 Pack' started by ilimitar, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Good Afternoon,

My client crashes if i try and go to the third tab in creative mode. One of the tabs is causing a GUI crash. However i do not know how to find out which one. I am running the current recommended pack of the 1.7.10 pack.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // Hey, that tickles! Hehehe!

Time: 7/19/17 6:58 PM
    Description: Rendering item

java.lang.NullPointerException: Rendering item
    at net.minecraft.item.ItemStack.func_94608_d(ItemStack.java:123)
    at net.minecraftforge.client.ForgeHooksClient.renderInventoryItem(ForgeHooksClient.java:161)
    at net.minecraft.client.renderer.entity.RenderItem.func_82406_b(RenderItem.java:563)
    at net.minecraft.client.gui.inventory.GuiContainerCreative.func_147051_a(GuiContainerCreative.java:929)
    at net.minecraft.client.gui.inventory.GuiContainerCreative.func_146976_a(GuiContainerCreative.java:760)
    at net.minecraft.client.gui.inventory.GuiContainer.func_73863_a(GuiContainer.java:78)
    at net.minecraft.client.renderer.InventoryEffectRenderer.func_73863_a(InventoryEffectRenderer.java:38)
    at net.minecraft.client.gui.inventory.GuiContainerCreative.func_73863_a(GuiContainerCreative.java:638)
    at net.minecraft.client.renderer.EntityRenderer.func_78480_b(EntityRenderer.java:1061)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71411_J(Minecraft.java:1001)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:898)
    at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:148)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135)
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Head --
    Stacktrace:
    at net.minecraft.item.ItemStack.func_94608_d(ItemStack.java:123)
    at net.minecraftforge.client.ForgeHooksClient.renderInventoryItem(ForgeHooksClient.java:161)

2. I can confirm this issue, i have reinstalled both client and server bases just incase there was anything else was remaining, and upon clocking tab 3 in creative mode the client crashes out, the server just reports an unknown disconnect

3. This thread is quite old, but I'm experiencing this issue too. I've tried a fresh install, and I'm playing singleplayer so it can't be server side. Anybody know what could be causing this?

4. Hey guys. Found this in the technic launcher forums. Go delete extraplanets-1.8.0.jar from your mod folder. For some reason it fixes the problem. Hope this helps.